What is Dynamic Positioning?
Dynamic positioning (DP) is now the standard means of position-keeping for Ships, Flotels (Accommodation) and Semisubmersible Rigs operating offshore around the world.
Safe and controlled positioning is vital to prevent injury, asset damage and environmental pollution. The dynamic positioning system controls the vessel’s position and heading automatically by computers, through an integrated network of mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and sub-systems.
TEC Svcs DP assurance and FMEA/FMECA services are used on various types of offshore vessels, including Drill ships, Geotechnical ships, Platform support and Dive Support vessels to Floating accommodation vessels. Our clients include oil companies, offshore contractors, ship owners, shipyards, as well as vendors in the DP sector.
TEC Svcs DP specialists have presence in all the major offshore oil and gas locations. We provide vessel owners, customers and charterers with the skills and expertise to ensure the safety of DP vessels.
TEC Svcs work to international, national, class, International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) and Marine Technology Society (MTS) standards and guidance.
We are a leading advisor in the application of DP operating processes, such as critical activity mode (CAM), task appropriate mode (TAM) and activity specific operating guidelines (ASOG); and we provide DP vessel owners and oil companies with comprehensive DP assurance services and processes to protect their assets.
Our Services Cover:
- DP design reviews and redundancy analysis
- Failure mode and effects (FMEA) services, including fault simulation
- Failure mode, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA)
- Manuals, procedures and training
- Annual DP trials according to IMCA and MTS guidelines
- DP incident and equipment failure investigations
- Risk-based CAM, TAM, ASOG and WSOG
- DP charter suitability studies, including regulatory guidance
- DP capability and thruster sizing studies.